The F&B department has many positions with different jobs. In the following article, Star Solutions will share with you what is F&B coordinator. What role does F&B coordinator have in the hotel? What does F&B coordinator hotel work include? Essential skills of an F&B coordinator?
What is F&B coordinator?
What is F&B coordinator? F&B coordinator is the term used to refer to the position of the secretary for the hotel director of F&B department. Coordinator means coordinate work, and work as a coordinator. Therefore, the work of an F&B coordinator is to support FBM in the daily work, contact and coordinate with the relevant departments to operate the restaurant and hotel in the smoothest way.
Besides F&B coordinator, there are many other coordinator locations in the hotel restaurant: sales coordinator, event coordinator. Unlike F&B coordinator, sales coordinator is the position of business coordinator, directly under sales & marketing department. Sales coordinator is in charge of finding customers, conducting communication and advertising activities. The event coordinator is also the position of the coordinator holding the event; is responsible for coordinating and managing all the work taking place in an event.
The work of F&B coordinator in the hotel
As the secretary of FBM, who coordinates the work of FB department? what is the job of F&B coordinator? How is the role of FB coordinator with the hotel?
F&B coordinator is FBM secretary
- Assisting the director of the hotel cusine department in managing department staff; monitor the activities of the F&B department .
- A bridge to convey information, instructions from FBM to employees, subordinates.
- Under the direction of FBM, F&B coordinator addresses customer feedback and assessments about the F&B services provided by the hotel.
- Keep, secure and manage information and documents (soft and hard copies) entrusted by FBM.
F&B coordinator mission: F&B coordinator
- Track and process all information, calls, incoming and outgoing emails of F&B department
- Keep track of F&B operations, update information to the top level of relevant departments when needed.
- Coordinate with the finance and accounting department in the hotel to make budget reports and revenue and expenditure estimates in the department every month / quarter / year.
F&B Coordinator work: Participating in F&B operations
- Follow up, plan new recruits, train new staff for the department
- Make the ideas for new hotel menu: new dishes, seasonal dishes, special menus, discount menu set , … for outlets in the hotel.
- Making the ideas for promotion and promotion activities; program for hotel guests, VIP guests of the hotel.
- Monitor and supervise the process of providing services and products of F&B department. Ensure to best meet the needs of customers.
Other F&B coordinator jobs
- Participate in internal meetings of F&B department; meetings with other parts of the hotel when needed.
- Participate in cross-training training sessions organized by the hotel upon request.
- Perform other jobs as required by FBM.
The skills needed to apply F&B coordinator hotels
As FBM secretary, F&B coordinator has the first requirement of mastering office computing skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, …; Good record management skills.
F&B coordinator must communicate a lot with customers, types of documents. Therefore, foreign language ability with all four skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing must be proficient. Being able to be in a foreign language is an advantage for an F&B coordinator.
Working in the F&B department, F&B coordinator must have certain knowledge about the food industry; kitchen activities. The ability to taste and evaluate dishes in restaurants.
As a bridge between FBM as well as between F&B departments and other departments, F&B coordinator must be able to communicate, express and manage well. Can handle situations quickly and accurately.
In addition, an important element of F&B coordinator is training from reputable hotels, food and beverage management units; have full diplomas and certificates.
With a salary of 7-10 million and other income: service charge, reward, … F&B coordinator is the position that many young people target when working in the hotel industry. In addition, this is also a position with high promotion ability. By chance to be in daily contact with FBM – a senior manager in a hotel. Since then, building many relationships, learn about valuable management and operating experiences. This is something that is hard to achieve when working in many other positions in the F&B department.