Pub, bar, club are places that are not new to young people. This is also one of the popular outlet models in hotels. So what is Pub? The advantages of Pub compared to Bar, Club.
What is Pub?
Pub is an acronym for Public House – a public house. This is the term used to refer to a model of F&B business with items mainly beer, wine, water and snacks and fruits.
Pub can both be a gathering place for friends, a place to enjoy, sip wine glasses and feel gentle music. The distinctive feature that makes Pub is an unlimited age. Visitors to Pub can be young, middle-aged and even students. It can also be a place to have weekend nights for the whole family.
Pub Formation History
Pub had the original form of taverns in Rome in the 18th century. When it was born, it was merely a tavern. Customers come here just to drink and drink. When the Romans invaded England, Pub swept into England and became the first place to sell alcohol in the country.
Pub in England is gradually popular and poured into the characteristics of the British. After the Roman army withdrew, the Pub was retained and became the typical culture of England at that time. The British go to Pub not only to drink but also to gather, organize parties with friends with wine, beer and some snacks.
Distinguish Pub, Bar, Club
Both Pub, Bar and Club are F&B models with mostly drinks. However, each type has its own characteristics.
What is the characteristic of Pub?
- Pub is understood as a pub, serving alcoholic drinks: beer, wine, cocktails, … non-alcoholic drinks: fruit juices, soft drinks, … and even snacks.
- In the pub, the space is openly decorated with mostly wooden furniture. Tables and chairs account for 70% of the space.
- Pub focuses on privacy. The music in Pub is quite light, no dance area or DJ.
- Pub has a limit on opening hours. However, it can be opened in the morning, lunch and evening.
- Pub is not limited to the age of customers. Therefore, the object of Pub is extremely diverse. This is a gathering place for friends and also a relaxing place for the whole family.
How is the bar different from Pub?
Pub is often confused with Bar. However, these two types of services have many different points.
- The bar serves alcoholic drinks at the counter. That means customers have to pay before drinking.
- In the Bar less table than Pub. Because visitors to the Bar not only sit but stand. The dance floor area in the Bar is quite large.
- Bar have bartenders and DJs. This is one of the tricks, creating a unique attraction of each shop.
- Due to direct serving of alcoholic drinks, Bar limits the age of customers. Only those who are from 18 years old can go to the Bar.
- Unlike Pub, Bar has closed space. Because the music in the bars is relatively busy, so the design of the bars is often closed to limit noise to the outside.
Looking for more information:
What is the characteristics of the Club?
- Compared to Pub with 70% of tables and chairs, 75% of Club’s area is the dance floor. Club or Nightclub has many similarities to Bar. However, compared to Bar, Club has 20-30% more expensive service. For high-end clubs, visitors will be restricted, because only when a membership card is available, can guests enter.
- The Club is also limited in age as in the Bar. The age of guests when coming to the Club is from 18.
- In addition to the General Club, there are also Club types specializing in each type of music: Dance Club, RockClub, …
Why is Pub so popular?
In the past, people only knew bars, night clubs or discos. But now, the Pub is gradually gaining popularity and has a very good development situation. So what is the reason customers like going to Pub?
Service prices in Pub are not too expensive
Although the model is imported from European countries, the service price when coming to Pub is very “Vietnam”. Visitors to Pub do not have to pay the entrance fee, and the price of drinks and food in Pub is not expensive either. Customers come to Pub to sit in groups, according to the table, they can freely share money, save costs.
Pub designed with open space
Open and airy space is also one of the reasons Pub is popular. Sitting in Pub, guests can freely watch the outside space. The positions in the corner cover the entire space. Many pubs have even open-air tables.
The atmosphere in the Pub is comfortable
At Pub, guests can freely chat with friends without being bothered by strangers; No noisy, vibrant music.
When coming to Pub, guests do not need to pay too much attention to their clothes. Although wearing a business suit when working, sports suit when walking, … guests can still sit in Pub freely without worrying
Diversity on menus, guest objects
Pub drinks and food are quite diverse, not just alcoholic and fruitful drinks like Bar or Club. Therefore, guests can completely solve their dinner here, not having to move too many places. Although food in pub is very simple.
Pub does not limit the age of guests, so visitors to Pub are extremely diverse in age. This is not only a destination for adults but also a favorite place for students, even families.
When importing into Vietnam, Pub, Bar or Club all have certain changes. Difficult to distinguish what is Pub, Bar or Club by the owners will make changes to suit the needs of customers. However, the emergence of pubs is growing more and more, especially in big cities and places with many tourists. Pub is also one of the popular outlet models in hotels.