What is Staff Order? What is the job of the Order employee? What skills are needed for an employee to order. Finding the answer through the article below.
What is an order employee?
- First of all, what is Order? The order mean ordering food in the restaurant. This action is done by the customer who comes to dine and it is done by the order employee. So what does the Order employee here mean?
- Staff Order means the person responsible for making orders for guests when they come to dine at a restaurant – hotel. Order staff will bring menus to referrals and advise customers. They will then bring them in and take them to the cashier position and transfer them to the kitchen to serve food to customers.
>> See also: What is a Bartender? Basic knowledge of Bartender
5 skills that an Order employee needs when working at a restaurant – hotel:
1. Understand information about products / services of the restaurant:
When an Order employee understands the name of the dish, the ingredients, the nutritional value of that dish and it matches any drink, it can confidently consult and answer questions to the customers.
In a restaurant with a promotion, Order employees can also confidently introduce and explain to customers. The enthusiasm with professional knowledge will help customers feel confident and thereby convince them in the process of ordering food easier.
2. Professional and enthusiastic service attitude:
Even if it is just the smallest action, customers will notice you. If you are observant, grasp the psychology of customers, they will enjoy the style of service of the restaurant. And they will always remember and introduce their own relatives and friends to your restaurant. When you work with a professional attitude, it will make restaurant owners more attentive to you. You will definitely get a higher position in the future.
3. Proficient in soft skills:
The Order’s ability to communicate not only through words but also through gestures and actions. Since then help Order staff to convey information to customers quickly and accurately. Besides, the Order staff must be really patient to listen and be ready to receive customer requests. You must always be ready to answer any questions about the restaurant’s service when customers need it.
>> See more: What is Bar? The most popular types of bars today
4. Flexibility and behave in all situations:
You can meet many types of customers when visiting any restaurant – hotel. If customers are easy-going people, you won’t need to spend too much time serving. If it is the difficult guests, it require you ingenuity, improvisation in all situations. You are satisfied that difficult customers will show your professional level.
Whatever you do, you should never let your emotions get into your work. You must always be calm, self-reliant even if the customer has rude or excessive words. Now you need to quickly find out the cause of the problem and solve it quickly. And you should not let those incidents affect customers around.
Above are some basic skills that an order employee needs to have. Hope the information will help you to increase professionalism when serving customers. These skills will become a foundation to help you advance in the future.